Saturday, February 7, 2009

Melissa Fargo Photography Blog

I am trying out all sorts of new technical forms of communication that previously I rejected. I enjoy meeting people and talking with them face to face. There is something more organic and real about it to me and I find it easy to communicate with even those who do not speak my language that way..something about personal interaction is just universal. At times in my life I've made people angry through things like email. I can be sarcastic and a smart alec, but I have never been so with any agenda or intent to be mean in any way. I love to laugh and will always laugh first at myself. After all, we do funny things and I think we take too many silly things way to seriously and take the serious things far too lightly. I love people and I care more than most probably know. I love being with people and I love spending time alone. I love diversity and traveling has taught me more than anything else about others and about myself. I am afraid of things sometimes and those are the things I am the most drawn to. Curiosity almost always trumps fear.

I am a photographer and was originally drawn to it because it allowed me to indulge my curiosity and get close to people. It let me ask questions that I may not have otherwise been able to ask. I am curious about what makes people do the things they do. What makes them reach out and accomplish amazing things, what makes them put themselves out to help someone else and what drives them to be cruel. I am curious about what makes them believe and in how beliefs are expressed. I am interested in who people are and how to express something personal and emotional in an image.

This blog is intended to show my wedding and portrait work primarily. I love to share and I am also a private person. Speaking to an audience on the web is not natural to me...but I am having some fun with it...maybe too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment